‘DROP- IN’ SESSIONS
‘Women’s Outreach St Albans’ is now at
THE HUB St Albans District Council Office
10 – 1pm
Every Monday (excluding Bank Holidays)
THE BECC Children’s Centre
9.30am-12noon on the following dates:
Friday 5th May
Friday 9th June
Friday 7th July
Friday 4th August
The Outreach service facilitates a group called ‘Understanding Relationships’ which is based on the Freedom Programme written and run nationwide by Pat Craven.
It is a 6 week course for any woman who wishes to learn more about the impact of Domestic Abuse.
The aims of the course are:
- To provide an opportunity for women to develop ways of thinking and behaving to protect themselves, their children and others from harm
- To provide them with the knowledge they need to achieve this
The course objectives are:
- To increase women’s ability to take control of their lives
- To recognise the impact of their life experiences on their own attitudes and beliefs
- To recognise the beliefs held by abusive partners
- To reduce any sense of isolation by beginning the process of sharing information about the reality of domestic abuse
- To begin to debunk myths surrounding domestic abuse
- To help women recognise potential future abusers
- To help women gain self-esteem and the confidence to improve the quality of their lives.
- To introduce women to community resources such as Women’s Aid, the Police Domestic Violence Unit, The Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre, local colleges etc.
This course runs for 6 weeks and crèche facilities are available for children aged 0 to 5 years.
The next group will be taking place at London Colney, St Albans on the following dates
Wednesday 26th April and
Wednesday 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st May 2017
from 10am – 12pm
Please note this group is offered to women in the St Albans and Hertsmere area only. If you reside out of these area’s please contact Outreach for your local Freedom Programme facilitator on 01727 827621.
The Freedom Programme is also available as an online course for £10 which includes the ‘Living with the Dominator’ book. http://www.freedomprogramme.co.uk/online.php
My first time here was a very relaxed atmosphere and I feel a lot better than I did when I arrived.
Today I have learnt about the cycle of violence and how the controller can use all different tactics to keep us under control.
Listening to others I just find it really sad that we have all been through suffering and upset.
I don’t feel like its my fault and I am more confident. knowing you can do things on your own.
I feel confident and very optimistic about the future.
I feel more empowered to deal with my emotions and those of my husband.
I don’t want the course to end, Thank you for opening my eyes and giving me self belief in myself.
Gives you an understanding of what not to look for in a guy – makes you realise not to take the blame for what you have been through.
EMOTIONAL REASSURING HELPFUL SUPPORTIVE OVERWHELMING HAPPY